Thread poster: Nicholas Ferreira
Nicholas Ferreira
Nicholas Ferreira  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 07:55
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jan 3, 2008

Hello. A few days ago I was prompted to upgrade from Windows Media Player 10 to WMP11. After having rejected the offer many times before, I finally capitulated to their insistent suggestions and did the upgrade. To my horror, when I opened my library, I found that my 2 years of careful song ratings had disappeared, leaving no rating for any of the songs.

I found out later there was a setting I could have changed whereby my ratings would be saved with the files and thus preserved
... See more
Hello. A few days ago I was prompted to upgrade from Windows Media Player 10 to WMP11. After having rejected the offer many times before, I finally capitulated to their insistent suggestions and did the upgrade. To my horror, when I opened my library, I found that my 2 years of careful song ratings had disappeared, leaving no rating for any of the songs.

I found out later there was a setting I could have changed whereby my ratings would be saved with the files and thus preserved during any upgrade -- how nice Microsoft would have been to let me know this little piece of information BEFORE losing it all...:(

Does anyone know where the WMP10 ratings are stored? If they are in some file, perhaps I can find them in a system backup. Any help would be appreciated, as I did a lot of rating and I don't want all that to be lost. Thanks.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Lost song ratings during Windows Media Player 11 upgrade

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »