Mayte Vega
Mayte Vega  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 19:21
English to Spanish
+ ...
Dec 29, 2005

Dear colleagues,

I’d like to know if you can help me with my new Adobe 7.0 Professional.

- I click on Snapshot Tool
- I select the text
- I go to Window
- I click on Clipboard Viewer
- The text appears blurred, illegible
- The toolbar is deactivated, only the ‘delete’ option is activated

I didn’t use to have this problem with the crop button in version 5.0

Many thanks for your kind help and Happy New Year
... See more
Dear colleagues,

I’d like to know if you can help me with my new Adobe 7.0 Professional.

- I click on Snapshot Tool
- I select the text
- I go to Window
- I click on Clipboard Viewer
- The text appears blurred, illegible
- The toolbar is deactivated, only the ‘delete’ option is activated

I didn’t use to have this problem with the crop button in version 5.0

Many thanks for your kind help and Happy New Year!!!

Mayte
Collapse

Roberta Anderson
Roberta Anderson  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 00:21
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
change the display format in the View menu Dec 30, 2005

Hi Mayte

The snapshot tool takes a screenshot of the selected area, as image (even if you select text, so it will be bitmapped) and displays it according to your settings in the Clipboard viewer window. You can change the display format by going to the View menu in this window, and select one of the available options. Advanced Metafile and Image will give you an enlargment of the text, so it will look pixelated/blurred, especially if the snapshot had been taken at reduced view in Ac
... See more
Hi Mayte

The snapshot tool takes a screenshot of the selected area, as image (even if you select text, so it will be bitmapped) and displays it according to your settings in the Clipboard viewer window. You can change the display format by going to the View menu in this window, and select one of the available options. Advanced Metafile and Image will give you an enlargment of the text, so it will look pixelated/blurred, especially if the snapshot had been taken at reduced view in Acrobat. The 2 Bitmap options display the text in the same size as displayed in Acrobat, so it will look better. To get more readable text in the clipboard viewer, zoom into it in Acrobat before taking the snapshot.

It's possible that previous versions of Acrobat used a default different setting for the viewer, and tht could be the reason for the difference in behaviour you describe.

Hope this helps,
Roberta

p.s. the Clipboard Viewer actually belongs to Windows, not to Acrobat. You can get more info on it from its Help menu

[Edited at 2005-12-30 10:49]
Collapse

Mayte Vega
Mayte Vega  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 19:21
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, Roberta. Dec 31, 2005

Your explanation was very clear and useful.

You're right the snapshot was taken at reduced view, text and images appear like black stains.

Thank you again for your kind answer.

My best wishes for the New Year.

Mayte

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help with Adobe 7.0 Professional

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »