How to save an Arabic PDF file in Universal format?
Thread poster: Tamara Zahran
Tamara Zahran
Tamara Zahran  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:19
English to Arabic
Jul 21, 2004

I have been asked to save a PDF file in Universal format that can be read anywhere in the world on any computer. I have Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Professional, and the file will be in Arabic, and it's for a Japanese company.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Doaa El Hefnawy
Doaa El Hefnawy  Identity Verified
English to Arabic
+ ...
PDF is the universal format Jul 21, 2004

Dear Tamara

PDF in itself is the universal format. Once you make a pdf out of your files, anyone with an adobe reader can read it no matter what language it was created in. As Adobe Systems puts it "PDF is a universal file format that preserves the fonts, images, graphics, and layout of any source document, regardless of the application and platform used to create it. Adobe® PDF files are compact and complete, and can be shared, viewed, and printed by anyone with free Adobe Reader�
... See more
Dear Tamara

PDF in itself is the universal format. Once you make a pdf out of your files, anyone with an adobe reader can read it no matter what language it was created in. As Adobe Systems puts it "PDF is a universal file format that preserves the fonts, images, graphics, and layout of any source document, regardless of the application and platform used to create it. Adobe® PDF files are compact and complete, and can be shared, viewed, and printed by anyone with free Adobe Reader® software."
Therefore, just make a pdf out of your original file and no further step is required.

Best Regards,
Doaa El Hefnawy
Collapse

Tamara Zahran
Tamara Zahran  Identity Verified
English to Arabic
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jul 21, 2004

Doaa El Hefnawy wrote:

Dear Tamara

PDF in itself is the universal format. Once you make a pdf out of your files, anyone with an adobe reader can read it no matter what language it was created in. As Adobe Systems puts it "PDF is a universal file format that preserves the fonts, images, graphics, and layout of any source document, regardless of the application and platform used to create it. Adobe® PDF files are compact and complete, and can be shared, viewed, and printed by anyone with free Adobe Reader® software."
Therefore, just make a pdf out of your original file and no further step is required.

Best Regards,
Doaa El Hefnawy

Thank you Doaa, I thought this at first but they confused me when they asked for it.

Rahi Moosavi
Rahi Moosavi  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 10:19
Member (2004)
English to Persian (Farsi)
+ ...
Tahoma Jul 22, 2004

Doaa is right, PDF is meant to be veiwed on any platform.

Just check the option that allows you to embed fonts along with the PDF file and you will be safe.

Alternatively, I normally save Farsi PDF's with Tahoma font which is a universal windows font to avoid any problem. Arabic should be the same.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to save an Arabic PDF file in Universal format?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »