Roberta Anderson
Roberta Anderson  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 18:50
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
Find First Suspect Word command in Paper Capture May 31, 2004

In the Paper Capture menu, you should find the command: Find First Suspect Word (or similar - I'm translating from Ialian so wording may vary slightly).
This will show you the first unrecognized text as bitmap and give you a dialog box where you can type in the correct word for it, which then replaces what was left as bitmap.
This way you can work your way through all the text which had not been automatically recognized.
HtH,
Roberta

linadia
linadia
French to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you for the explanation Jun 2, 2004

Roberta Anderson wrote:

In the Paper Capture menu, you should find the command: Find First Suspect Word (or similar - I'm translating from Ialian so wording may vary slightly).
This will show you the first unrecognized text as bitmap and give you a dialog box where you can type in the correct word for it, which then replaces what was left as bitmap.
This way you can work your way through all the text which had not been automatically recognized.
HtH,
Roberta

Thank you Roberta, it works.

nadia

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Local time: 18:50
English to German
+ ...
not necessary Jun 18, 2004

Doaa El Hefnawy wrote:

Well, if your document is in English, then you are certainly in luck. You can use OCR as Selcuk suggested or you can use a program that converts pdf files into word files. There are some suggestions in this thread
http://www.proz.com/post/141276#141276. However, if your file is in arabic then it would be complicated because you will have to buy an OCR specifically for arabic. The prices range for these products anywhere from $400 to $4000. As for the conversion software, no one was able to suggest one that worked with Arabic even though it might be among the languages supported in some products but it still does not work. So, good luck.
Hi! this language module can be had for free, only you have to buy that product first. This service is available to regd. customers.
Regards,
Brandis

linadia
linadia
French to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No OCR works with Arabic as far as I know Jun 19, 2004

Brandis wrote:

Doaa El Hefnawy wrote:

However, if your file is in arabic then it would be complicated because you will have to buy an OCR specifically for arabic. The prices range for these products anywhere from $400 to $4000. As for the conversion software, no one was able to suggest one that worked with Arabic even though it might be among the languages supported in some products but it still does not work. So, good luck.
Hi! this language module can be had for free, only you have to buy that product first. This service is available to regd. customers.
Regards,
Brandis

Thank you Doaa and Brandis,

I tried Sakhr OCR for Arabic once but it didnàt work or at least needed some kind of a plug-in that wasn't in the market. Then I was told that it never worked properly any way.

And I don't believe there is Arabic language option in any OCR. I'm not really sure.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

pdf file with scanned not edited content

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »