Thank you!

Maria

Elena Sgarbo (X)
Elena Sgarbo (X)  Identity Verified
Italian to English
+ ...
Was the file originally written in Word? Apr 21, 2004

Hola Maria

While working on our ATA's Medical Newsletter we once had that exact problem with InDesign: a line of black dots appeared from nowhere in the middle of our text, and it could not be removed -- no matter what. So we took the document (now with the dotted line) back to Word, and went to Format->Reveal Format-> Clear [the dots].

I forget what exactly [the dots] were called in the Format feature of Word, but it'll appear listed in the Format column, at the right
... See more
Hola Maria

While working on our ATA's Medical Newsletter we once had that exact problem with InDesign: a line of black dots appeared from nowhere in the middle of our text, and it could not be removed -- no matter what. So we took the document (now with the dotted line) back to Word, and went to Format->Reveal Format-> Clear [the dots].

I forget what exactly [the dots] were called in the Format feature of Word, but it'll appear listed in the Format column, at the right of the document.

Then we did "clear" [format] only for the dots, and voilà! The dots were gone in both Word and the next stages in InDesign.

Hope it works for you... Good luck!

Elena
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

i have a problem with InDesign 2.0

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »