José Henrique Lamensdorf
José Henrique Lamensdorf  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 21:07
English to Portuguese
+ ...
In memoriam
InFix Pro v5 is out Aug 29, 2011

Last week I delivered my first translation job with InFix 5. It rocks!

As I had some experience with v4, I jumped right in... though I always insist that it's one piece of software where the user must read the entire manual (now it has 250+ pages, well illustrated and clearly explained, at least to get acquainted with all the available tools; later they can use the Help feature to recall the details. After I was through with t
... See more
Last week I delivered my first translation job with InFix 5. It rocks!

As I had some experience with v4, I jumped right in... though I always insist that it's one piece of software where the user must read the entire manual (now it has 250+ pages, well illustrated and clearly explained, at least to get acquainted with all the available tools; later they can use the Help feature to recall the details. After I was through with the job, I read the whole manual.

V5 is definitely power-packed, more than most - if not all - DTP packages I've seen. The fact is that DTP programs are intended for artists who create publications. There isn't much to gain for a translator to buy and learn to use all of PageMaker / InDesign, QuarkXpress, FrameMaker, MS Publisher, Serif PagePlus, Scribus and others, nor to struggle with complex MS Word layouts, when all the client wants is the very same PDF neatly laid out in a different language, either for print or download... if there were only a tool to handle them all. IMO now there is a reliable one.

My entire "bugs to investigate + wishes" list which I sent to Iceni had only 8 items, all minor. So if there are still any PDF-shy translators around, InFix Pro v5 should give them the courage they need.
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Programs for PDF editing

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »