Téma indítója: Neide Rocha
Neide Rocha
Neide Rocha  Identity Verified
Egyesült Királyság
Local time: 22:22
angol - portugál
+ ...
Aug 25, 2011

I have seen some adverts from a company asking for legal translators (Portuguese into English and English into Portuguese). I have bidden twice and in each time I was asked to do a sample translation. I never got a reply from the company. Soon after I sent the samples the post was taken out. The company is not at Blue Board, neither is the Director of the company, who has a personal page at Proz.com.

I suspect that this person/company asks for samples not to pay the translations.... See more
I have seen some adverts from a company asking for legal translators (Portuguese into English and English into Portuguese). I have bidden twice and in each time I was asked to do a sample translation. I never got a reply from the company. Soon after I sent the samples the post was taken out. The company is not at Blue Board, neither is the Director of the company, who has a personal page at Proz.com.

I suspect that this person/company asks for samples not to pay the translations.

Has anyone had similar experience?
Collapse

Yolanda Broad
Yolanda Broad  Identity Verified
Egyesült Államok
Local time: 17:22
Tag (2000 óta)
francia - angol
+ ...

MODERÁTOR
You can create a Blue Board record for the company Aug 25, 2011

Hello Neide,

If there is no Blue Board record, you can create one: unlike the requirement for entering an LWA (Likelihood to Work Again rating) in a Blue Board record, you do not need to have actually been hired by an outsourcer to create a Blue Board record. Here is the direct link for creating a new BB record:

http://www.proz.com/blueboard/?sp_mode=add

... See more
Hello Neide,

If there is no Blue Board record, you can create one: unlike the requirement for entering an LWA (Likelihood to Work Again rating) in a Blue Board record, you do not need to have actually been hired by an outsourcer to create a Blue Board record. Here is the direct link for creating a new BB record:

http://www.proz.com/blueboard/?sp_mode=add

Once you create a BB record, others can post their feedback about their experience with the outsourcer.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

A fórum moderátora(i)
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is this a scam?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »