Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Scam: Richard Cole (Translator Needed)
Thread poster: Daniel Greuel
muradan2
muradan2
Local time: 16:23
Spanish to English
Same e-mail received Feb 22, 2011

I've just received the same mail as Virginia, although it was sent to other person's mail.
I'm totally new here and it's the second scam (out of two offers).
I feel like I'm wasting my time with all these.

Andrés García Arrojo
Andrés García Arrojo  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Same email from Red Cole Mar 1, 2011

Same email received today from this gentlema. I all looked a bit dodgy so I searched for him on proz, and found lots of interesting posts about him.

Beware of him!

Nikola Bubić
Nikola Bubić  Identity Verified
English to Croatian
+ ...
antonio cole Mar 8, 2011

I translated for him some small text and he sent me the checks.

I will not cash the checks.

So, what?

To go to police station.

I am from Croatia also.

lelalo
lelalo
police or not? Mar 8, 2011

niko3456 wrote:

So, what?

To go to police station.

I am from Croatia also.

aren't you afraid that the police would chase you for translating on the black market? it might not end well

I also have his checkes, as I already wrote earlier. I hesitated what to do with them, so I stalled a little bit. He sent me emails every day asking whether I cashed them.
Then I wrote to him I had some problems and I could not translate the whole document and that I would return the checks back to him, i.e. to that other guy in Greece.
He replied, full of understanding, and offered me financial help I couldn't believe when I was reading!
I am ignoring that last email from him, but surprisingly he did not wrote any new email since then, and it was 28 Feb. Maybe he suspects something and he gave up, I'll wait and see... Or maybe he got arrested

Nikola Bubić
English to Croatian
+ ...
cole Mar 9, 2011

lelalo wrote:

niko3456 wrote:

So, what?

To go to police station.

I am from Croatia also.

aren't you afraid that the police would chase you for translating on the black market? it might not end well

I also have his checkes, as I already wrote earlier. I hesitated what to do with them, so I stalled a little bit. He sent me emails every day asking whether I cashed them.
Then I wrote to him I had some problems and I could not translate the whole document and that I would return the checks back to him, i.e. to that other guy in Greece.
He replied, full of understanding, and offered me financial help I couldn't believe when I was reading!
I am ignoring that last email from him, but surprisingly he did not wrote any new email since then, and it was 28 Feb. Maybe he suspects something and he gave up, I'll wait and see... Or maybe he got arrested

Nikola Bubić
English to Croatian
+ ...
I understand Mar 9, 2011

lelalo wrote:

niko3456 wrote:

So, what?

To go to police station.

I am from Croatia also.

So have you done with the checks?

lelalo
lelalo
cole Mar 9, 2011

So have you done with the checks?

I'm not sure I understood the question... you mean what I have done with the checks? Nothing, I still have them.

Elena_reining
Elena_reining
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
SCAM EMAIL Mar 9, 2011

Hello, received the same email and got counterfiet travelers cheques from [email protected]

Elena

Nikola Bubić
English to Croatian
+ ...
sorry lelalo Mar 10, 2011

I meant: What have you donewith the checks?

neilmac
neilmac
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Forewarned is forearmed Mar 10, 2011

Interesting and useful information for future reference.
However, I'd just like to point out, having used only free webmail for 20 years now, that not all freemail users are scammers.
Caveat emptor!

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Scam: Richard Cole (Translator Needed)

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »