投稿者: Jason Grimes
Per Riise (X)
Per Riise (X)  Identity Verified
ノルウェー
Local time: 18:38
英語 から ノルウェー語
+ ...
Alphabetical ordering of clients Aug 3, 2009

Here's a suggestion for an improvement: When creating a new invoice, make the list of clients appear in alphabetical order (as it is now, it only shows the clients in the order they were created). It came to me when I realized that the clients are in alphabetical order when you want to filter invoices.

Best regards,
Per Riise

Per Riise (X)
ノルウェー
英語 から ノルウェー語
+ ...
Invoice numbering Aug 6, 2009

I'm on a roll here, so I'd also like to suggest that drafts are not issued with an invoice #. Would it be possible to give the invoices a # only after they've been issued as proper invoices? I've encountered a few instances where I note down a small job for an agency, and then I wait another month before I issue the invoice (saving up small jobs into one invoice). The way it is done now, the invoice numbers don't always match with the date issued, as a later invoice # is issued before another. I... See more
I'm on a roll here, so I'd also like to suggest that drafts are not issued with an invoice #. Would it be possible to give the invoices a # only after they've been issued as proper invoices? I've encountered a few instances where I note down a small job for an agency, and then I wait another month before I issue the invoice (saving up small jobs into one invoice). The way it is done now, the invoice numbers don't always match with the date issued, as a later invoice # is issued before another. I can already hear my accountant asking why that is.Collapse

Nguyen Dieu
Nguyen Dieu  Identity Verified
ベトナム
Local time: 23:38
2008に入会
英語 から ベトナム語
+ ...
Bcc and Cc Aug 6, 2009

Invoicing tool has been so great so far. I wonder if we can send invoice to many receivers at the same time like Bcc or Cc in email?

Regards,
Dieu

Willem Dubelaar
Willem Dubelaar
クウェート
Local time: 19:38
ドイツ語 から 英語
+ ...
CC option in the "send to" box Aug 12, 2009

Hi Jason

I have used this feature since I signed up with ProZ.com a few months ago. I have also figured out how to customise the templates, so I can select one properly formatted to suit the customer's language and address.

But one thing I am missing. In many instances PMs do not only want invoices sent to them directly, they also want a copy sent to their accounts department or whatever. Right now, I forward the copy that is sent to myself from my own email client.
... See more
Hi Jason

I have used this feature since I signed up with ProZ.com a few months ago. I have also figured out how to customise the templates, so I can select one properly formatted to suit the customer's language and address.

But one thing I am missing. In many instances PMs do not only want invoices sent to them directly, they also want a copy sent to their accounts department or whatever. Right now, I forward the copy that is sent to myself from my own email client.

Is it possible to create a "CC" box on the "sent to" form, please? I noticed some other users have requested the same thing.

Best regards
Collapse

patyjs
patyjs  Identity Verified
メキシコ
Local time: 10:38
スペイン語 から 英語
+ ...
Need full name on invoice Aug 21, 2009

Hi Jason,

You are obviously doing a great job with this so congratulations.

Perhaps it's just me (:D) but shouldn't the invoice show my full name rather than my proz user name?

How can I change this?

thanks

Kevin Harper
Kevin Harper  Identity Verified
英国
Local time: 17:38
ドイツ語 から 英語
+ ...
Seems Just to Duplicate What I Already Do Aug 26, 2009

Don't get me wrong, this certainly has potential but I think it needs to be designed at least with the complicated EU VAT system in mind (i.e. VAT no. from both sides), and with what the customer wants.

The best way I think it could work without duplicating work already done on offline databases is with four components: a customer-based component, where the customer either fills in or prompts for information it requires; a supplier-based component, where the supplier puts in the inf
... See more
Don't get me wrong, this certainly has potential but I think it needs to be designed at least with the complicated EU VAT system in mind (i.e. VAT no. from both sides), and with what the customer wants.

The best way I think it could work without duplicating work already done on offline databases is with four components: a customer-based component, where the customer either fills in or prompts for information it requires; a supplier-based component, where the supplier puts in the information it needs (for example, for their own national tax or accounting authorities); a paper-based or PDF 'printout' and finally a *.csv version using standardized field names, so that customer and supplier really can e-bill, and add the Proz.com generated invoices to their own databases automatically.

At the moment, unfortunately, it would not be much use to me, as I already have a bespoke system that follows the job throughout the whole process, and use either standard or customer-specific invoice templates, as necessary. Actually, that's another thing - following the job through to invoicing and payment would be useful. In fact, on an online system or with a comprehensive common protocol or format for translation job information, it would actually be extremely useful.
Collapse

Red Cat Studios
Red Cat Studios
英国
2002に入会
英語 から フランス語
+ ...
VAT does not come up Sep 4, 2009

Hi,

Superb tool and user friendly. Too friendly maybe, as on my invoice the UK TVA (15%) is not automatically added, although all settings at template level seem to be ok. I can see the line "GB TVA" just beneath the net amount to pay, but nothing comes up aings a figure.
Am I doing something wrong here? Please advise.
Thanks.

Dan

Per Riise (X)
ノルウェー
英語 から ノルウェー語
+ ...
Automatic invoice numbering faulty Sep 11, 2009

I just discovered that the auto-generate function for invoice numbers stops at 99 - then it starts using 00 for all new invoices. I circumvented by turning off the auto-generate function, inserted invoice #100 manually, and then told auto-generate to start again at invoice #101, but when I try to create an invoice, it still sets the invoice # as 00. This needs to be fixed, as automatic number generating is a vital quality assurance feature.

Best regards,
Per

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
サイトのスタッフ
Applying name change and taxes Sep 11, 2009

Hi all,

patyjs wrote:

Perhaps it's just me (:D) but shouldn't the invoice show my full name rather than my proz user name?

How can I change this?

The name shown in your invoices comes directly from your profile name. To change the name in your invoices, just change that information in your profile from your Profile updater.

Alternatively, you can also create a new custom invoice template, and specify your name exactly as you wish it to appear. Please note that this means the contact information in your invoice could become out of sync with the contact information in your profile; when your contact information changes, you would need to update it in both places.

Dan Loubier-Profir wrote:

...on my invoice the UK TVA (15%) is not automatically added, although all settings at template level seem to be ok. I can see the line "GB TVA" just beneath the net amount to pay, but nothing comes up aings a figure.
Am I doing something wrong here? Please advise.

You can specify as many taxes as you need to support in your invoice, Dan, by selecting [edit] from the list of taxes in the invoice edit form or from the tax settings page. However, taxes will not be applied automatically unless they are selected from the taxes drop-down menu when creating a new invoice. Once selected, the total amount should change to the subtotal plus the percentage corresponding to the tax applied.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Lucia

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
サイトのスタッフ
Thanks for reporting this Sep 11, 2009

Hi Per,

Thanks for bringing the issue with the auto-generate function for invoice numbers into my attention. This will be addressed and fixed in short.

I appreciate your patience.

Regards,

Lucia

Mariam Osmann
Mariam Osmann
エジプト
2007に入会
英語 から アラビア語
+ ...
Payment method Sep 14, 2009

Does the client have to pay via Proz.com so that the invoice is marked paid, or there is an option available for me to mark the invoice as paid if the client paid with any other way?

Regards,
Mariam

Thor Henrik Braarvig
Thor Henrik Braarvig  Identity Verified
スペイン
ドイツ語 から ノルウェー語
+ ...
Thanks for a great service! Sep 16, 2009

I do have one question though.

I wonder if I'm doing something wrong with the Auto-generate invoice number function.

These are my settings:

Prefix: 09-
Start at: 072

The invoice number appears correctly on the first invoice I create: 09-072. But on the second one I create it looks like this: 09-90073. And the third one is: 09-9090074.

Does anyone know the reason for this?

...Thor

Dan Ilioiu
Dan Ilioiu  Identity Verified
ルーマニア
英語 から ルーマニア語
+ ...
additional data for myself and client Oct 3, 2009

Hello everybody,
great tool, I played all day with it, trying to create a custom invoice that suits my needs.
Only one remark, in Romania, the client is defined by:

Name of the company
Address
fiscal identification (CIF or CUI)
Registration Number
bank account
bank

For myself, I edited the source and added those info in the right place.
For the Client, I can enter the last three info in the Notes field of the invoice, but
... See more
Hello everybody,
great tool, I played all day with it, trying to create a custom invoice that suits my needs.
Only one remark, in Romania, the client is defined by:

Name of the company
Address
fiscal identification (CIF or CUI)
Registration Number
bank account
bank

For myself, I edited the source and added those info in the right place.
For the Client, I can enter the last three info in the Notes field of the invoice, but I would like to have something similar on the Client definition form.

Apart from that the tool is just great

[Edited at 2009-10-03 07:23 GMT]
Collapse

Eugenia Lourenco
Eugenia Lourenco  Identity Verified
ポルトガル
英語 から ポルトガル語
+ ...
Sending invoices Oct 3, 2009

Hi:

It seems I'm havingsome problems in sending the invoices.

They appeared as sent in the proz invoicing page, but I can't know for sure if the client actually received the message with the invoice, since I don't receive a copy of it (even though I've marked the check box).

I've sent some invoices several times and I still didn't receive in my email a copy of either of them.

Am I doing something wrong?

Hope anyone can help.
... See more
Hi:

It seems I'm havingsome problems in sending the invoices.

They appeared as sent in the proz invoicing page, but I can't know for sure if the client actually received the message with the invoice, since I don't receive a copy of it (even though I've marked the check box).

I've sent some invoices several times and I still didn't receive in my email a copy of either of them.

Am I doing something wrong?

Hope anyone can help.

Eugenia Lourenco
Collapse

Ryan Emami
Ryan Emami  Identity Verified
カナダ
Local time: 12:38
2008に入会
英語 から ペルシャ語
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
CC and BCC Oct 20, 2009

Hi,

I'd like to thank the staff for such a useful tool; I've been using it since it was announced and am very satisfied. It would be great, however, if a CC and BCC option were added to the "send" section; because, as some others have pointed out, some clients want their invoices sent to multiple people within their organization.

Thanks a bunch again,
Hossein

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

このフォーラムのモデレーター
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Announcing new financial reports in ProZ.com invoicing

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »