De persoon die dit onderwerp heeft geplaatst: maravilla
maravilla
maravilla
Canada
Local time: 11:37
Engels naar Spaans
+ ...
Oct 15, 2004

I will soon live in Montreal as a permanent resident. I would like to have some information about a program in Canada for people whose mother language is Spanish.
I am professional in Modern Languages with a specialization in translation from English and French into Spanish. I would like to become a member of the OTIAQ and this is why I need these studies.

María Alejandra Funes
María Alejandra Funes
Local time: 14:37
Engels naar Spaans
+ ...
Montreal Oct 15, 2004

Hi maravilla,

I live in Montreal and am a Spanish native speaker, too. There are some translation-related programs at McGill University. You may also want to check Concordia University. If you speak French, you can go to the Universite de Montreal. Everything is on the internet. Unfortunately I cannot give you the links right now, because I am out of my office.

Becoming a member of the OTTIAQ is not an easy thing, but you have to insist! Te lo digo por experiencia... See more
Hi maravilla,

I live in Montreal and am a Spanish native speaker, too. There are some translation-related programs at McGill University. You may also want to check Concordia University. If you speak French, you can go to the Universite de Montreal. Everything is on the internet. Unfortunately I cannot give you the links right now, because I am out of my office.

Becoming a member of the OTTIAQ is not an easy thing, but you have to insist! Te lo digo por experiencia When I first submitted my file to them, they decided not to give me the ok. I had to sit for the CTTIC's exam (through the ATIO) and last month they finally called me to give me the good news - I was accepted (but I have to follow some ethics course first).

If you need further information, you can email me through my ProZ's profile.

Good luck!

Alejandra
Collapse

Paul Bousquet
Paul Bousquet  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 13:37
Spaans naar Frans
+ ...
Bienvenida, pero hay que apurarse... Oct 15, 2004

Pues, las hojas multicolores ya empezaron a caerse ante el ineluctable invierno.

Hasta pronto.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(en) van dit forum
Nawal Kramer[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

translation programs in Canada for spanish speakers

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »