Medical Translation Distance Learning-Spanish>English
Thread poster: Lucinda Hollenberg
Lucinda Hollenberg
Lucinda Hollenberg  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:09
Dutch to English
+ ...
Sep 28, 2004

I would be interested to enroll in a distance Learning Course to obtain a certificate/degree in Medical Translation. Preferably graduate/postgraduate level. Would anyone have information about this?

Parrot
Parrot  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 01:09
Spanish to English
+ ...
Not current information Sep 28, 2004

However, you may want to follow up the indications in this thread.

NYU has a distance course FROM FRENCH. The U. of Castellón just opened up
... See more
However, you may want to follow up the indications in this thread.

NYU has a distance course FROM FRENCH. The U. of Castellón just opened up a PRESENCE graduate course.

I don't know if Suriname is covered by AECI agreements, but if it is, it may be possible to patch up a study programme on a most-expenses-paid scholarship in Spain

At any rate, our colleagues might know of something more up-to-date...
Collapse

Lucinda Hollenberg
Dutch to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, Parrot! Sep 28, 2004

For all the helpful information and links. I downloaded everything and am busy reading up on everything.

Saludos!
Lucinda

Parrot
Parrot  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 01:09
Spanish to English
+ ...
AECI: To the extent that Suriname is part of Latin America Sep 28, 2004

it seems AECI covers it. I have in fact found AECI pages regarding projects in connection with Suriname.

The scholarships offered are under the University of Alcalá de Henares. However, the stipend covers the entire period (plus plane fare, if I remember right) and might answer for any other course you might want to take. Outside the University of Alcalá, there are at least 3 universities with translation courses.

AECI took over from the old Ministry of Foreign Affair
... See more
it seems AECI covers it. I have in fact found AECI pages regarding projects in connection with Suriname.

The scholarships offered are under the University of Alcalá de Henares. However, the stipend covers the entire period (plus plane fare, if I remember right) and might answer for any other course you might want to take. Outside the University of Alcalá, there are at least 3 universities with translation courses.

AECI took over from the old Ministry of Foreign Affairs aid programme for deserving foreign students. Under the Ministry of Foreign Affairs programme, tuition in any state school was free. This is something that the Spanish consulate in Suriname might be in a better position to explain.

Hope it helps. The deadline for applications is on Thursday.
Collapse

Lucinda Hollenberg
Dutch to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, Parrot. Sep 29, 2004

I may not be able to begin studying so quickly but it is good to have all the information ready.

Saludos!
Lucinda

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Nawal Kramer[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Medical Translation Distance Learning-Spanish>English

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »