Inițiatorul discuției: jenbikkal (X)
jenbikkal (X)
jenbikkal (X)

Local time: 12:08
din franceză în engleză
+ ...
Feb 24, 2013

Hi all,

I currently interpret Eng-Fr and Fr-Eng. I also speak a pretty decent level of Hungarian and want to improve my level so I can work in Hungarian as a B language since it is an "exotic" language. I can get around in hungary, and even pass for a native Hungarian, but my vocabulary is very limited since I never actually lived there. I only spent summer vacations there as a child.

I plan on reading the news and also watching the news and other cultural TV shows onl
... See more
Hi all,

I currently interpret Eng-Fr and Fr-Eng. I also speak a pretty decent level of Hungarian and want to improve my level so I can work in Hungarian as a B language since it is an "exotic" language. I can get around in hungary, and even pass for a native Hungarian, but my vocabulary is very limited since I never actually lived there. I only spent summer vacations there as a child.

I plan on reading the news and also watching the news and other cultural TV shows online, writing down words I don't know, and then learning them. For anyone interested, here is the link for streaming TV shows from around the world: http://wwitv.com/television/97.htm

Has anyone had experience speaking a language, and improving it to make it into a working language?

Thanks for sharing your feedback, opinions and experiences,

-Jen

[Edited at 2013-02-24 17:13 GMT]
Collapse

Jessie LN
Jessie LN  Identity Verified
Regatul Unit
Local time: 17:08
din spaniolă în engleză
+ ...
in-situ Feb 24, 2013

Would living in Hungary temporarily be an option? Even if you just spent a few weeks doing a language course there it could be extremely beneficial.

My Portuguese was pretty basic until I did a four-week intensive course in Portugal. My language level shot up! But it's been six years since I used it, so it's back to being basic again... I was considering going back to study it again so that I could add it to my working languages.

[Edited at 2013-02-24 19:26 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderatorii acestui forum
Nawal Kramer[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Language development

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »