Diploma in Translation past papers and examiners' reports
Autor de la hebra: Emilia2305
Jan 7, 2013

Dear all,

I am planning to take the Diploma in Translation exam (English to Polish translations) and so I am looking for past papers and examiners' reports. Since I do not have many texts (apart from the ones published on the IoL website), I would appreciate your help, even if you require some compensation for it.

Thank you in advance

Emilia

[Edited at 2013-01-07 15:34 GMT]

Diana Coada (X)
Diana Coada (X)  Identity Verified
Reino Unido
Local time: 20:50
portugués al inglés
+ ...
The examiner notes Jan 7, 2013

are published on the IOL website.

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: empty post
Diana Coada (X)
Diana Coada (X)  Identity Verified
Reino Unido
portugués al inglés
+ ...
Past papers Jan 7, 2013

If you only have the ones that are published on the IOL website, contact them and ask how you can purchase a few more (the IOL provides the extra papers for a fee).

When it comes to the examiner notes, contact them as well and ask if they can email you a report that contains the notes on the EN>PL translations.

Karen Stokes
Karen Stokes  Identity Verified
Reino Unido
Miembro 2003
francés al inglés
Past papers Jan 7, 2013

Hi Emilia,

Are you sure you can't still get papers and examiners' reports from PWP FS? Their order form (dated January 2013) is on the Dip Trans page of the CIOL website here http://www.iol.org.uk/qualifications/MaterialsForm/OrderForm.pdf and it shows English to Polish examiners' reports and English papers for 2009-2012.

Best,
Karen

Marta Stelmaszak (X)
Marta Stelmaszak (X)  Identity Verified
polaco al inglés
+ ...
Order form is still up there Jan 8, 2013

Dear Emilia,

As Karen said, I'm pretty sure you can order them if the order form is still up there on the Institute's website. Karen's link will take you straight there.

Marta

Emilia2305
Emilia2305
PERSONA QUE INICIÓ LA HEBRA
Thank you Jan 8, 2013

Thank you all for your help.

I contacted PWP FS Print and Design and I have ordered my examination materials already.

I received the wrong information earlier that the DipTrans papers are no longer available from them. That was probably about the ones from 2011 which are not available due to copyright problems.

I got this message in December and the new order form was published on the IoL website in January. That would explain everything.

... See more
Thank you all for your help.

I contacted PWP FS Print and Design and I have ordered my examination materials already.

I received the wrong information earlier that the DipTrans papers are no longer available from them. That was probably about the ones from 2011 which are not available due to copyright problems.

I got this message in December and the new order form was published on the IoL website in January. That would explain everything.

Thank you once again.

Regards,

Emilia
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderador(es) de este foro
Nawal Kramer[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Diploma in Translation past papers and examiners' reports

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »