How do I update Memsource Editor to the latest version?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 22:25
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Nov 1, 2022

I've had a pop-up window for over a year and for some reason the update never launches once I answered Yes to if I want to update. And once that pop-up has been closed, there is no option anywhere in Memsource Editor to manually update to the latest version.

I have an issue now with a Memsource project where I am logged out and can't log in from Memsource Editor for this particular Memsource project (although for o
... See more

I've had a pop-up window for over a year and for some reason the update never launches once I answered Yes to if I want to update. And once that pop-up has been closed, there is no option anywhere in Memsource Editor to manually update to the latest version.

I have an issue now with a Memsource project where I am logged out and can't log in from Memsource Editor for this particular Memsource project (although for other Memsource projects for the same customer from the same Memsource account, I am logged in). So I thought this issue might be related to that I don't have the latest version of Memsource, although it's not certain that is the main reason. Because the second file had a lot of tags around each letter of words so it wasn't possible to translate that file until the customer changed it to a new one without all the tags.

When logged in to my Memsource account at this customer, there is a black exclamation mark in a yellow triangle with the text upon hovering

The imported file contains fields. To translate them, replace the fields with text and re-import it into Memsource.

[Edited at 2022-11-01 13:50 GMT]
Collapse

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 23:25
English to Russian
Tools - Preferences - Misc - Automatic update Nov 1, 2022

Check this box: Tools - Preferences - Misc - Automatic update

expressisverbis

Fredrik Pettersson
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I marked the checkbox for Automatic update, but it still doesn't update Nov 1, 2022

Stepan, thanks, I thought that would solve it. I double-checked that the checkbox for Automatic update was marked and closed Memsource. But it still doesn't update.

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 23:25
English to Russian
Then download it again Nov 1, 2022

Copy this link: http://download.memsource.com/production/updates/memsource-editor/win/archive/install/Phrase-22.31.1-windows.exe
then paste it into your browser and press Enter.
*You can also try to simply click it but some browsers may block exe links. Copying and pasting the link always works fine.
Then fo
... See more
Copy this link: http://download.memsource.com/production/updates/memsource-editor/win/archive/install/Phrase-22.31.1-windows.exe
then paste it into your browser and press Enter.
*You can also try to simply click it but some browsers may block exe links. Copying and pasting the link always works fine.
Then follow these instructions:

[Edited at 2022-11-01 16:02 GMT]
Collapse

expressisverbis

Fredrik Pettersson
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Downloaded and installed now Nov 1, 2022

Thanks Stepan, I didn't even have to enter my credentials after I had installed Phrase.

Stepan Konev

icylave
icylave  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 04:25
Member (2013)
Chinese to English
+ ...
It got a new name: CAT Desktop Editor. Mar 25, 2023

Download here: https://phrase.com/download/

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »