Interviews transcription based on the target word + translation (into French)
Thread poster: Chrystele Lacroix
Chrystele Lacroix
Chrystele Lacroix  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 23:43
English to French
May 17, 2022

Hello everybody,

A Parisian translation agency has contacted me to transcribe interviews made in American English and then translate them into French (I'm a French translator based in the U.S.)

They ask me for my rates.

- of the source word when they have the script

- of the target word when they don't have a script

I believe that I will have to complete the transcription + translation or translation alone within the same day, so
... See more
Hello everybody,

A Parisian translation agency has contacted me to transcribe interviews made in American English and then translate them into French (I'm a French translator based in the U.S.)

They ask me for my rates.

- of the source word when they have the script

- of the target word when they don't have a script

I believe that I will have to complete the transcription + translation or translation alone within the same day, so when in France, they are sleeping. Should I apply for a rush rate? Will +25% of my standard rate ($0,12) be too little or too much or just fine?

I never transcribed before, but I know that usually, the rate is by the hour. What rate do you advise me for the target word in French?

What questions should I ask the project manager?

[Edited at 2022-05-17 14:45 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Interviews transcription based on the target word + translation (into French)

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »