How download Translation WorkSpace? Is it free?
Thread poster: Aaron Kakesse
Aaron Kakesse
Aaron Kakesse  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 07:47
English to French
Feb 16, 2023

A new client, has asked me to download TW. After numerous attempt, I'm being asked if I'm a Lionbridge employee or a guest. I enter my tenancy as a 'Guest' and requested a new password but it doesn't seem to work. Can someone help me?

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 13:47
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Aaron Feb 16, 2023

It is my understanding that whether this product is available for you to download depends on whether the agency that you work for have an arrangement with LionBridge for you to have access to it. You can also subscribe to it, using your own money, if you are confident that you'll get enough work to justify the expense.

It's possible t
... See more
It is my understanding that whether this product is available for you to download depends on whether the agency that you work for have an arrangement with LionBridge for you to have access to it. You can also subscribe to it, using your own money, if you are confident that you'll get enough work to justify the expense.

It's possible that this link may contain something that you might find useful. However, even if you do succeed in installing it, you may still be unable to access online resources that some jobs may require.

[Edited at 2023-02-16 15:02 GMT]
Collapse

Aaron Kakesse

Christopher Schröder
Christopher Schröder
United Kingdom
Member (2011)
Swedish to English
+ ...
Answered your own question... Feb 16, 2023

Aaron Kakesse wrote:
A new client, has asked me to download TW. After numerous attempt, I'm being asked if I'm a Lionbridge employee or a guest. I enter my tenancy as a 'Guest' and requested a new password but it doesn't seem to work. Can someone help me?

Surely your client should be able to help you?

Aaron Kakesse
Jorge Payan
Philip Lees
Lara Nunes

Marjolein Snippe
Marjolein Snippe  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2012)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Check some reviews before you start... Feb 20, 2023

It seems this is a paid software subscription where the subscription is difficult to cancel. Even for the free trial to work, you have to enter your credit card number.
This may be worth it for you, but do think about it before you get yourself an unwanted subscription!

As Chris suggests, if your client requires the use of this software, they should be able to provide it - and any advice you may need to start using it.
<
... See more
It seems this is a paid software subscription where the subscription is difficult to cancel. Even for the free trial to work, you have to enter your credit card number.
This may be worth it for you, but do think about it before you get yourself an unwanted subscription!

As Chris suggests, if your client requires the use of this software, they should be able to provide it - and any advice you may need to start using it.

https://www.proz.com/software-comparison-tool/tool/geoworkz_translation_workspace/101

There are also some forum threads about this software.
Here is one:
https://www.proz.com/forum/translator_resources/214510-geo_workz_disappointment.html
Collapse

Barbara Carrara
Barbara Carrara  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2008)
English to Italian
+ ...
Aaron and all Feb 20, 2023

Apologies for barging in, but after reading through another thread, I think the original question was posted in connection with 'jobs' offered by what eventually turned out to be a fake agency,

https://www.proz.com/forum/scams/360590-fake_agency_warning_smartrays_inc.html

Stay safe!

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How download Translation WorkSpace? Is it free?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »