Yaotl Altan
Yaotl Altan  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 11:08
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 19, 2011

I would like to know if there's a site where I can read statistics about translation. for instance:
- the most used pair by professional translators
- the country with the highest number of certified (or not) translators in every pair.
- ratio of certified translators: non certified translators per country
- trends in translation focused on language pairs, which could be the most used pair in 2030...
- et al.

Thank you very much!

Madeleine Chevassus
Madeleine Chevassus  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 19:08
Member (2010)
English to French
SITE LOCALIZER
if you can read French Apr 19, 2011

hello,

this document from the "Syndicat Français des traducteurs professionnels" is a survey of the profession in France.

http://www.sft.fr/clients/sft/telechargements/file_front/4c45ab788dee5.pdf

this is a very good market analysis at the begining then a cross analysis about language pairs, rates, CAT Tools, credentials,
... See more
hello,

this document from the "Syndicat Français des traducteurs professionnels" is a survey of the profession in France.

http://www.sft.fr/clients/sft/telechargements/file_front/4c45ab788dee5.pdf

this is a very good market analysis at the begining then a cross analysis about language pairs, rates, CAT Tools, credentials, age etc

I don't think a translation in English exists.

A new version is underway.

I hope it helps

Marie
Collapse

Yaotl Altan
Yaotl Altan  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 11:08
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Oui Apr 19, 2011

Merci beaucoup, Marie!

Oui, bien sur! Je peux lire ce document en francais, très detaillé! C'est parfait! Je pense que ce format peut être utilisé comme modèle pour le statistiques d'autres nations.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Statistics

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »