Thread poster: Vikki Pendleton
Vikki Pendleton
Vikki Pendleton  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:42
German to English
+ ...
Feb 3, 2015

When you commit a sentence in Across that has repetitions elsewhere, it brings up a little dialog box asking if you want it to automatically propagate it to the other sentences. This box has a little checkbox at the bottom with 'Remember this setting in the user profile and do not ask again'. The other day I was cancelling the auto-propagation as I spotted an error in what I'd typed, and accidentally checked this box. Now I cannot for the life of me get it to auto-propagate. I've been into user ... See more
When you commit a sentence in Across that has repetitions elsewhere, it brings up a little dialog box asking if you want it to automatically propagate it to the other sentences. This box has a little checkbox at the bottom with 'Remember this setting in the user profile and do not ask again'. The other day I was cancelling the auto-propagation as I spotted an error in what I'd typed, and accidentally checked this box. Now I cannot for the life of me get it to auto-propagate. I've been into user settings and checked and unchecked the auto-propagate options, restarted Across, etc. Does anyone know if I can fix this without uninstalling and re-installing Across?

Thanks in advance,
Vikki
Collapse

Vikki Pendleton
Vikki Pendleton  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Found it! Feb 4, 2015

I finally found it - if anyone else finds themselves in the same boat, in User Settings click on the Dialog menu and you can check the box to get it to show you the Auto-propagate dialog again. What a relief.

João Oliveira

João Oliveira
João Oliveira
Portugal
THANK YOU! Nov 7, 2023

This has just happened to me in Across V.8 and your reply worked for me. Thank you very much!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't reinstate auto-propagate in Across 5.7

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »