Adam Warren
Adam Warren  Identity Verified
Frankreich
Local time: 11:10
Mitglied (2005)
Französisch > Englisch
Jul 15, 2015

Hullo,

Using Dragon Naturally Speaking (13, Premium), I succeeded in dictating numbers into a complex form, requiring me to map Studio segment numbers for occurrences of terms in a glossary a client required me to compile.

Instead of placing the cursor in a cell, first select the cell, then place the cursor on the input line to right of the grey bullet with "fx" in it. One needs to dictate slowly and clearly, to let the software adapt to an alien environment, but I save
... See more
Hullo,

Using Dragon Naturally Speaking (13, Premium), I succeeded in dictating numbers into a complex form, requiring me to map Studio segment numbers for occurrences of terms in a glossary a client required me to compile.

Instead of placing the cursor in a cell, first select the cell, then place the cursor on the input line to right of the grey bullet with "fx" in it. One needs to dictate slowly and clearly, to let the software adapt to an alien environment, but I saved myself time, obviating the need to summon up the Dictation Box at every new cell.

I hope I'm not re-inventing the wheel, and I hope this helps.

With kind regards,

Adam Warren
(IanDhu - Translator 41189)
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

DNS: Dictating directly into Excel

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »