Virtual conference for freelancers session (2010): Working for translation agencies - my view as an agency owner

This discussion belongs to ProZ.com virtual conferences » "Virtual conference for freelancers session (2010): Working for translation agencies - my view as an agency owner".
You can see the ProZ.com virtual conferences page and participate in this discussion from there.

Yulia Absari
Yulia Absari  Identity Verified
インドネシア
Local time: 03:44
インドネシア語 から 英語
+ ...
Purchase Order Sep 30, 2010

Hi,

Sometimes it's hard for me to ask for a PO in advance because I trust that the person hiring me will pay at the end, especially when the person is someone I know for quite some time. Could you give me tips for how to ask it in advance from a potential client / agency ?

Thanks & regards,
Yulia

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
タイ
Local time: 03:44
英語 から タイ語
+ ...
Various formats of PO Oct 1, 2010

I met with the situation you did after asking frequently for a PO. PO format is arbitrary. Agencies can say that its e-mail is the formal PO. Let's store the PO strictly to ensure your invoice and collecting payment!

Soonthon Lupkitaro

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

このフォーラムのモデレーター
Drew MacFadyen[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Virtual conference for freelancers session (2010): Working for translation agencies - my view as an agency owner

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »