Israel
Local time: 07:50
Member (2012)
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Sep 23, 2013

Hi
I am using TRADOS 2011
I received a large job requiring me to adapt an Hebrew file to an English file and save the result as TTX or TMX
Trados 2011 only enables me to save as SDLXLIFF

I NEED YOUR IMMEDIATE SUPPORT!!

Thank you

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 06:50
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Searching gives immediate results Sep 23, 2013

If you need an IMMEDIATE answer, it's quickest to search to see if anyone else has asked the same question before

Here's one thread of the many that have been written on th
... See more
If you need an IMMEDIATE answer, it's quickest to search to see if anyone else has asked the same question before

Here's one thread of the many that have been written on the subject:
http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/252607-sdlxliff_to_ttx_file_conversion.html
Collapse

Irit Noy
Irit Noy  Identity Verified
Israel
Member (2012)
English to Hebrew
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
converting SDLXLIFF to TTX Sep 23, 2013

Thanks Emma

I did read all the links, but they are all referring to Trados 2009 and I have Trados 2011, so they are not relevant for me.

Marie-Christine Nguyen
Marie-Christine Nguyen  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
Source doc must be first a TTX file Sep 23, 2013

Hi Iritn,

I also use Studio 2011 and get same request from clients to get TTX files delivered. You can only do it if they provide you with the source file in TTX (doc.ttx, xls.ttx etc). You open it in Trados, Translate or Edit, don't forget to Save (it will save in SDLXLIFF) and when you have finished, you go to Save Target as, select TradosStag. It will save your file in TTX that you can send back to the client.

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Works for 2011 too Sep 23, 2013

iritn wrote:

they are all referring to Trados 2009 and I have Trados 2011, so they are not relevant for me.

The Legacy Converter (to convert to ttx) works for Studio 2009 and 2011. Here's the direct link:
http://www.translationzone.com/openexchange/app/sdlxlifftolegacyconverter-194.html

The other possibility is delivering a TMX, since your client mentioned this format too. Simply export your TM in that format.

Marijke Singer
Marijke Singer  Identity Verified
Spain
Dutch to English
+ ...
Export the translation memory Sep 23, 2013

In Studio 2011 open the Translation Memory view. Select your memory and right-click it with your mouse. Select Export and you can export a TMX memory.

Simon Chiassai
Simon Chiassai  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
yet another possibility Sep 23, 2013

Emma Goldsmith wrote:

iritn wrote:

they are all referring to Trados 2009 and I have Trados 2011, so they are not relevant for me.

The Legacy Converter (to convert to ttx) works for Studio 2009 and 2011. Here's the direct link:
http://www.translationzone.com/openexchange/app/sdlxlifftolegacyconverter-194.html

The other possibility is delivering a TMX, since your client mentioned this format too. Simply export your TM in that format.

You can also download the demo version of Tageditor, and save your document as ttx. Then translate the ttx in 2011.

Irit Noy
Irit Noy  Identity Verified
Israel
Member (2012)
English to Hebrew
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
converting SDLXLIFF to TTX Sep 23, 2013

Thank you all very very much!!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Converting SDLF files to TTX

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »