Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: Do you find the content you have to translate interesting?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Kay Denney
Kay Denney  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 10:39
French to English
Lucky me Jul 11, 2017

Absolutely always. I'm fascinated with how translation works, and I only ever take on projects that are interesting. Luckily, I'm interested in a lot of things, so I'm hardly ever bored.

I find technical translations pretty boring, so I avoid them as much as I can. Given my usual volume of work with regular, satisfied clients, I only do them as a huge favour for clients who pay me so well I can hardly refuse. However, this is pretty rare, my direct clients all work in fields that I
... See more
Absolutely always. I'm fascinated with how translation works, and I only ever take on projects that are interesting. Luckily, I'm interested in a lot of things, so I'm hardly ever bored.

I find technical translations pretty boring, so I avoid them as much as I can. Given my usual volume of work with regular, satisfied clients, I only do them as a huge favour for clients who pay me so well I can hardly refuse. However, this is pretty rare, my direct clients all work in fields that I find interesting, and the agencies all know me pretty well by now.
Collapse

Christel Zipfel
Christel Zipfel  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:39
Member (2004)
Italian to German
+ ...
Most of the time Jul 11, 2017

Although I already try to turn down boring stuff. But you know, it's not so easy with good customers! I had one of those texts just today: horrible, but customer is delightful, pays well and within a few days. So I think from time to time I have to bite the bullet...

Mario Freitas
Mario Freitas  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 05:39
Member (2014)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Most of the Time Jul 11, 2017

Since I translate mostly technical documents, the contents are usually intereseting and add a lot of konwledge. Learning is always a pleasure.
But I must admit there are several documents that are a P.I.A., boring, poorly written, Chinglish, apps that seem to be developed by adolescents, and the worst of all: term papers or theses of students in human sciences - these are pure torture.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Do you find the content you have to translate interesting?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »