Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: Do you reply to e-mails (job offers) from agencies/persons who do not address you by name?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 13:13
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Likewise! Dec 21, 2011

Elodie Bonnafous wrote:

What matters to me is that the agency / potential client makes a professional impression.

Depends Dec 21, 2011

In a nutshell, I am with majority here. Namely, if the job being offered sounds interesting, within my speciality, professionally written and presented, sent from credible outsourcers, mentioning where they found me, and in particular when there is no mention of that dreadful word "competitive price".

[Edited at 2011-12-21 16:21 GMT]

Nikki Scott-Despaigne
Nikki Scott-Despaigne  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:13
French to English
Used to, not any more Dec 21, 2011

In my early days, back in the 1990's, yes. Never since. Back then it was, as it is now, a mass mail for mass price battle. I am not in the least interested in replying to those sorts of sollicitations.

tradu-grace
tradu-grace  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 14:13
English to Italian
+ ...
agree Dec 21, 2011

Interlangue wrote:

I do when the mail comes from a regular customer who addresses several translators in one mail (they usually say so when they are in a hurry).

I never do when the mail comes from unknown agencies/people who don't say how/where they found me.

Robert Forstag
Robert Forstag  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:13
Spanish to English
+ ...
Hell no! Dec 21, 2011

First, there will almost always be someone who has responded first, and/or offered a lower rate. Secondly, I am not a beggar with bowl in hand, waiting to be dished a serving of thin gruel....

[Edited at 2011-12-21 17:16 GMT]

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Do you reply to e-mails (job offers) from agencies/persons who do not address you by name?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »