Страниц в теме:   < [1 2]
Poll: Have you ever given up any job opportunities because the recruiting procedures were complex?
Автор темы: ProZ.com Staff
Mikael Adolfsson
Mikael Adolfsson  Identity Verified
Швеция
Local time: 02:57
английский => шведский
+ ...
Yes. Sep 6, 2010

I agree, some recruiting processes are just to much ...
Another thing that annoys me is that lately all the agencies that contact me have their own translation software (that they have developed) and won´t let me use one of those I prefer! If I should accept working for all of them, I need to put in a lot of time to learn all these translation tools, and my computer would soon be overloaded ...

The other alternative is the web based translation tools that agencies want me to
... See more
I agree, some recruiting processes are just to much ...
Another thing that annoys me is that lately all the agencies that contact me have their own translation software (that they have developed) and won´t let me use one of those I prefer! If I should accept working for all of them, I need to put in a lot of time to learn all these translation tools, and my computer would soon be overloaded ...

The other alternative is the web based translation tools that agencies want me to learn and use. Most of the time they only slow me down.
Someone else with the same experience?

These are some of the things that have made me tired, and turn a job opportunity down.
Collapse

m_temmer
m_temmer  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:57
английский => голландский
+ ...
yes Sep 6, 2010

Mikael Adolfsson wrote:

The other alternative is the web based translation tools that agencies want me to learn and use. Most of the time they only slow me down.
Someone else with the same experience?

I refuse to work with such tools (we should get paid to learn how to use those things!). I have tried it for one of my best customers, but it slowed me down terribly and I felt it even affected the quality of my work. So I no longer use it.

What makes agencies think that they can ask more and more from us translators and give less and less? As it reads on my profile: The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done.

Страниц в теме:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Модератор(ы) этого форума
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Have you ever given up any job opportunities because the recruiting procedures were complex?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »