Off topic: \"I\'m not that kind of girl\" from English to Russian
Thread poster: GaryG
GaryG
GaryG  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:39
English
+ ...
Feb 4, 2003

Well, my most, uh, memorable interpreting experience was when I was on vacation in Nassau, the Bahamas in 1979 and during the week made the acquaintance of a sleazy Serb and and couple of almost-as-sleazy women from Atlanta, Georgia.

One night near the end of the week the Serb asked me to ask one of the women to come to him room. I had to translate back \"I\'m not that kind of girl\" (or he wasn\'t her kind of guy\" back into Russian.

Much
... See more
Well, my most, uh, memorable interpreting experience was when I was on vacation in Nassau, the Bahamas in 1979 and during the week made the acquaintance of a sleazy Serb and and couple of almost-as-sleazy women from Atlanta, Georgia.

One night near the end of the week the Serb asked me to ask one of the women to come to him room. I had to translate back \"I\'m not that kind of girl\" (or he wasn\'t her kind of guy\" back into Russian.

Much more colorful than my interpreting between an Uzbek and a Tajik I met at a Smithsonian concert of Central Asian music and dance. One of them wanted to get together at some function the next day but only one knew Russian, so I had to be the \"bridge\" between them to make the arrangements.
Collapse

cherepanov
cherepanov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 16:39
Member (2005)
English to Russian
+ ...
Two options of the answer Feb 4, 2003

There are two types of answers in Russian:

1)ß íå òàêàÿ!

2) Çà êîãî Âû ìåíÿ ïðèíèìàåòå!?
[addsig]

GaryG
GaryG  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:39
English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for the varianty! Feb 11, 2003

Indeed, I chose the 1st option, adding \"zhenshchina\'

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

\"I\'m not that kind of girl\" from English to Russian

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »