Thread poster: Mark Seth
Mark Seth
Mark Seth
Denmark
Local time: 20:07
German to Danish
+ ...
Jan 26, 2023

Can somebody tell me of to install Across from scratch? I have a problem which I do not know how to remove, so reinstalling everything seems like the next move. I tried uninstalling and the installing Across, but the problem persists, so I figure that something like settings files are saved are saved somewhere. How do I remove EVERYTHING to then be able to start over again?

(I posted about the problem already, but since no one has come up with an answer a clean wipe is my next step.
... See more
Can somebody tell me of to install Across from scratch? I have a problem which I do not know how to remove, so reinstalling everything seems like the next move. I tried uninstalling and the installing Across, but the problem persists, so I figure that something like settings files are saved are saved somewhere. How do I remove EVERYTHING to then be able to start over again?

(I posted about the problem already, but since no one has come up with an answer a clean wipe is my next step. My original post was:
"When I work in Across, errors in the QM pane do not show automatically (each category shows 0 errors). In the QM pane if I right click the file(s) or "Automatic checks"/"Manual checks" and select "Check now", Across appears to do a check, but the result is always 0 errors in each category.

The only way in can actually check for errors is by right clicking each error type individually and choose "Check now": Consistent bounding spaces->Check now; Consistent capitalization->Check now; and so forth.

I'll also note that the "stop sign" shows before/in each error category like when you right click->Ignore.

How can I get back to the checks being performed automatically as I translate and being allowed to perform all checks in one go be right clicking the file(s) at the top of the QM pane?")
Collapse

Platary (X)
Platary (X)
German to French
+ ...
Revo Uninstaller Jan 27, 2023

Mark Seth wrote:

How do I remove EVERYTHING to then be able to start over again?

Hello Mark,

I don't have an answer to your QM problem, and that's why I didn't reply to your first question. Now to clean everything up, I think an utility like Revo Uninstaller is able to address the problem. Provided you go through the whole process and do a complete scan at the end and really remove everything.

To be sure that everything worked, you can check for the Across entries in the Registry Editor (be careful) and check if there are still traces in the AppData (roaming) folder with a tool like AgentRansack.

However, you do not say whether you are working autonomously or for a client (presumably with a CAP file) online or offline and whether this problem occurs with all projects. It could be that this is due to the rigths that the client has given you (I have no certainty about this, but it would be interesting in this case to ask him).

Be sure to preserve your account information so that you don't have login problems when you reinstall.

Finally, I don't know if CodeMeter and Express LocalDB play a role here, but why not clean everything up as well?

Mark Seth
Mark Seth
Denmark
German to Danish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I'll give it a try Jan 29, 2023

@Adrien: Thanks I will try those options. I work with a CAP an always through the same agency, so maybe you're right there (but I have already asked them and they didn't have a solution yet)

Mark Seth
Mark Seth
Denmark
German to Danish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solution found Apr 19, 2023

Getting a new cap worked!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Reinstall - wipe everything

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »