crossWeb: Copy all source segments to target
Thread poster: Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
May 7, 2022

Is it possible to copy *all* source segments to the target side in crossWeb?

George Luca
George Luca  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:53
German to Romanian
+ ...
Icons in crossWeb May 7, 2022

For the time being I do not have a crossWeb project, so that I cannot say exactly if you can copy all source segments to the target. However, as far I can remember there are two icons in crossWeb for the download of the source document preview and for the download of the target document preview (in Across their names are source preview and target preview) and perhaps you can use them in order to populate the target segments with the source text or to extract the source text in one go (by saving ... See more
For the time being I do not have a crossWeb project, so that I cannot say exactly if you can copy all source segments to the target. However, as far I can remember there are two icons in crossWeb for the download of the source document preview and for the download of the target document preview (in Across their names are source preview and target preview) and perhaps you can use them in order to populate the target segments with the source text or to extract the source text in one go (by saving the preview). It is only my supposition that downloading the target document preview will automatically populate the empty target segments with the source text.Collapse

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
TOPIC STARTER
Reply May 8, 2022

George Luca wrote:

For the time being I do not have a crossWeb project, so that I cannot say exactly if you can copy all source segments to the target. However, as far I can remember there are two icons in crossWeb for the download of the source document preview and for the download of the target document preview (in Across their names are source preview and target preview) and perhaps you can use them in order to populate the target segments with the source text or to extract the source text in one go (by saving the preview). It is only my supposition that downloading the target document preview will automatically populate the empty target segments with the source text.

Thanks, but since my segment extraction macro already cycles through the segments, I decided to let it copy source to target first:

https://youtu.be/wAt1sOs6xnU

Vorchuchelo
Vorchuchelo
Russian Federation
Permanent paragraph copy May 9, 2022

Hans Lenting wrote:
Is it possible to copy *all* source segments to the target side in crossWeb?

You can activate "Permanent paragraph copy" (as well as "Permanent translate paragraph") in the target text editor toolbar.

Ilde Grimaldi

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

crossWeb: Copy all source segments to target

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »