Undo a completed task in "Document preparation"? (Across v7)
Thread poster: Holger Remke
Holger Remke
Holger Remke  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 05:35
Member (2006)
English to German
+ ...
Dec 28, 2021

Hi everybody,

I'm new to Across Language Server v7 and am wondering if it is possible to roll back a completed task.
The problem is that I wanted to block several segments of untranslatable text in a file that is to be translated in multiple languages.

Therefore, I included the task "Document preparation" (in German: Dokumentenvorbereitung) in the Workflow and then locked the segments in question via the function "Lock" (or: "Sperren") in crossView (right click o
... See more
Hi everybody,

I'm new to Across Language Server v7 and am wondering if it is possible to roll back a completed task.
The problem is that I wanted to block several segments of untranslatable text in a file that is to be translated in multiple languages.

Therefore, I included the task "Document preparation" (in German: Dokumentenvorbereitung) in the Workflow and then locked the segments in question via the function "Lock" (or: "Sperren") in crossView (right click on the node => "lock node").

The segments were locked within the document preparation task which I then completed but unfortunately, they were not locked in the task "Translate", which means that they are still editable within crossDesk and are also count by the Report ("number of locked words: 0").

As far as I know, a completed task cannot be undone but perhaps one of you knows some kind of workaround?

I appreciate your help!

All the best,
Holger
Collapse

Wolfgang Schoene
Wolfgang Schoene  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 05:35
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
Undo completed task Dec 29, 2021

Holger Remke wrote:

Hi everybody,

Therefore, I included the task "Document preparation" (in German: Dokumentenvorbereitung) in the Workflow and then locked the segments in question via the function "Lock" (or: "Sperren") in crossView (right click on the node => "lock node").

The segments were locked within the document preparation task which I then completed but unfortunately, they were not locked in the task "Translate", which means that they are still editable within crossDesk and are also count by the Report ("number of locked words: 0").

As far as I know, a completed task cannot be undone but perhaps one of you knows some kind of workaround?

I appreciate your help!

All the best,
Holger

Maybe by redoing the whole project by changing the name and using the TM you created?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Undo a completed task in "Document preparation"? (Across v7)

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »