Peter Zauner  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 06:16
Member (2010)
German to English
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
May 28, 2021

In the past Across required authentication every few months or so, a frequency that I could handle quite happily. Over the last year or so I have observed the frequency of authentication prompts becoming higher and higher. At the moment I am forced to authenticate several times a week.

Does someone else have a similar experience? What might Across Systems be trying to achieve by increasing the authentication frequency so much?

Across Translator Premium Editionv7.0 1464
... See more
In the past Across required authentication every few months or so, a frequency that I could handle quite happily. Over the last year or so I have observed the frequency of authentication prompts becoming higher and higher. At the moment I am forced to authenticate several times a week.

Does someone else have a similar experience? What might Across Systems be trying to achieve by increasing the authentication frequency so much?

Across Translator Premium Editionv7.0 14645_en
Package version: 21

Peter

[Edited at 2021-05-28 13:29 GMT]

[Edited at 2021-05-28 13:29 GMT]
Collapse

Platary (X)
Platary (X)
Local time: 22:16
German to French
+ ...
The same here May 29, 2021

Peter Zauner wrote:

At the moment I am forced to authenticate several times a week. Does someone else have a similar experience?

Yes, absolutely and sometimes even more frequently (twice in a few hours a few days ago...).

What might Across Systems be trying to achieve by increasing the authentication frequency so much?

Really no idea, but hasn't the problem existed since the former CrossMarket authentication was dropped? Unfortunately I can't verify this. It may be that a random verification system has been installed as is the case with other products. But for what purpose, that remains to be understood.

Adrien

AAV
AAV
Local time: 03:16
It is a problem in software Jun 4, 2021

I got feedback from Across that they are aware of this problem and they will work on it. So hopefully in one of the next updates it will be back to normal.

Vorchuchelo
Vorchuchelo
Russian Federation
Across Support Jun 10, 2021

Hi Peter,
I do not experience the same problems. It seems that something goes wrong.
Have you tried to create a ticket to Across Support?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Authentication frequency

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »