Australia
Local time: 01:13
Member (2010)
German to English
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
Nov 19, 2013

All,

I have just migrated Across from a PC to a laptop and have difficulties with the remote client login from one of my customers.
I get an “Authorization rejected: User 'Default' does not exist.” error whenever I try importing a CWU file.
I have removed the client’s Softkey from the old Across version on the PC.
On my request, the client has provided me with a new Softkey. The client has also provided me with a LoginName (peter.zauner) and a LoginPswd.
... See more
All,

I have just migrated Across from a PC to a laptop and have difficulties with the remote client login from one of my customers.
I get an “Authorization rejected: User 'Default' does not exist.” error whenever I try importing a CWU file.
I have removed the client’s Softkey from the old Across version on the PC.
On my request, the client has provided me with a new Softkey. The client has also provided me with a LoginName (peter.zauner) and a LoginPswd.
What looks odd is the fact that after importing the Softkey, the first of the two lines in the login window (presumably the one for the user name) shows ‘Default’. But it is grey-out and I cannot change it.
The login window for another client shows the username that this client has assigned to me in the top line.
How do I resolve this discrepancy between user names when I have no access to the line?
Who has any suggestions what I could try next?

Thank you.

Peter
Collapse

Åsa Campbell
Åsa Campbell  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 00:43
English to Swedish
Incorrect Softkey Nov 20, 2013

Hi Peter,

From my experience it sounds like there is a problem with the softkey, it should have your username instead of 'default', I suggest you check again with your client.

Asa

AAV
AAV
Local time: 22:13
Wrong .cap file Nov 20, 2013

Most likely your client has provided you wrong softkey file.
To be completely sure, you can open .cap with any text editor and check, which username does it contain (however, I wouldn't suggest change it manually in the file, this won't work).

Peter Zauner
Peter Zauner  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 01:13
Member (2010)
German to English
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
TOPIC STARTER
cap file Nov 20, 2013

AAV, Åsa,

many thanks for your suggestions - you were both correct.
I talked to my client and after a few more attempts of setting up the softkey we got it working. So it turned out is was pretty much out of my control while I had been wondering what I was doing wrong.

The two lessons that I have learned are:

1. Migrating Across required new softkeys for each of my clients. I'm pretty sure that is not mentioned in any documentation and is probably no
... See more
AAV, Åsa,

many thanks for your suggestions - you were both correct.
I talked to my client and after a few more attempts of setting up the softkey we got it working. So it turned out is was pretty much out of my control while I had been wondering what I was doing wrong.

The two lessons that I have learned are:

1. Migrating Across required new softkeys for each of my clients. I'm pretty sure that is not mentioned in any documentation and is probably not intended. It meant for me that I missed out on a few jobs. If I had know what to expect I might have chosen to migrate at a different time.

2. It looks like creating a Softkey is not always that straightforward. I wonder if there are ways that Across could make the process easier or offer some testing or quality control options.

Peter

[Edited at 2013-11-20 13:02 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Authorization rejected: User 'Default' does not exist

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »