Thread poster: Wolfram P Singewald
Wolfram P Singewald
Wolfram P Singewald  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 06:54
English to German
Oct 31, 2012

Hi everybody,

an hour or so, my Across Personal Edition started showing CPU usage spikes for a couple of seconds every now and then.
I seems to happen when I save new segments and has gotten worse over time. It has reached a point now where I open Across, translate three segments and then have to kill it again because it doesn't respond anymore at all.

I'm guessing that this has to do with the SQL server, maybe the database size, but I know too little of these th
... See more
Hi everybody,

an hour or so, my Across Personal Edition started showing CPU usage spikes for a couple of seconds every now and then.
I seems to happen when I save new segments and has gotten worse over time. It has reached a point now where I open Across, translate three segments and then have to kill it again because it doesn't respond anymore at all.

I'm guessing that this has to do with the SQL server, maybe the database size, but I know too little of these things to actually help myself here.

I'd be thankful for every idea you have.

[Edited at 2012-10-31 17:47 GMT]
Collapse

AAV
AAV
Local time: 12:54
Support? Nov 1, 2012

Have you tried contacting Across Support?

You can also try:
- restarting PC (since killing Across doesn't stop processes which are executed on SQL server);
- upgrading to v5.3, if not done yet (some performance problems were fixed since 5.0 sp1);
- rebuilding indices for Across databases on your SQL server (there is a "crossGoodies /crossPerformance" tool in folder where your Across is installed, but you probably should ask Across support for some help).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Personal Edition: CPU usage spikes / stops responding: on saving a segment

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »