Thread poster: Louisa Berry
Louisa Berry
Louisa Berry
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:33
Member (2009)
German to English
May 11, 2009

I have Across Personal Edition v 4.00.0 SP2e_EN. I have a Powerpoint 2007 file to translate, which has the file extension .pptx rather than .ppt. Across wont accept .pptx files. Does anyone know a way of either changing a pptx into a .ppt or another way in which I can get across to accept it? Thanks

Louisa

Michael Pauls
Michael Pauls
Germany
Local time: 19:33
English to German
Get Service Pack 3 May 11, 2009

Service Pack 3 supports .pptx - according to the information given here: ftp://ftp.across.net/documentation/WhatsNew_v40_SP3_en.pdf (page 7).

Haven't tried it myself, though.

Best,
mp

[Bearbeitet am 2009-05-11 09:13 GMT]

Rufino Pérez De La Sierra
Rufino Pérez De La Sierra  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 14:33
English to Spanish
+ ...
Free download from Microsoft May 11, 2009

Hi!

You have to download a free piece of software from Microsoft that will allow you to open and work on files with the pptx or docx extension. These files are from the newest version of Microsoft Office.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word/HA100444731033.aspx

Hope this helps.

Have a nice day!

Rufino

Uwe Schwenk (X)
Uwe Schwenk (X)
Local time: 12:33
English to German
PPTX May 11, 2009

As stated before you need to have SP3. I am using SP3c and I have no problem with the translation of PPTX or PPT files.

The only issue you will have at the end is the re-sizing of some graphics due to text expansion in the translation.

Other than that, I have not encountered any issues yet.

Uwe

[Edited at 2009-05-11 13:24 GMT]

Umang Dholabhai
Umang Dholabhai  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 23:03
English to Gujarati
+ ...
How to translate ppt files in Across Oct 31, 2009

What is the ideal 1-2-3 of translating a ppt with Across? I have a ppt to translate and I am not able to do so due to the text getting split into illogical segments. Some pictures which do not allow translation etc. Could I get some help? SOS. Should I convert it into a doc with the help of some software (macros in MS Word) ? Is there an easy way out?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Powerpoint 2007 files - compatibility with Across

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »