MemoQ 8.5 won't open without previous license (I work from servers)
Thread poster: Dr. phil. Christiane Bohnert
Dr. phil. Christiane Bohnert
Dr. phil. Christiane Bohnert  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:41
English to German
Aug 8, 2018

I just downloaded MemoQ 8.5, but they refused to just open, and let me enter the server address. They wanted a license beforehand. My agency has given me the license access but apparently the version does not want to work that way. What does one do? Thank you.

Dr. phil. Christiane Bohnert
Dr. phil. Christiane Bohnert  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:41
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Found the solution. But now the "check out a project window" will not open Aug 10, 2018

Hello, I need to do a project for a client that is on a server. I used that server before, but now the window to select that server will not open. Instead, given the file list, I seem stuck with a server that I worked on last night. I use 8.5. Thank you.

Elif Baykara Narbay
Elif Baykara Narbay  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 21:41
German to Turkish
+ ...
"Manage logins" Aug 13, 2018

Hello, I am a bit late but I hope this helps.

I use memoQ 2015. There is a memoQ Server button on the Projects ribbon. There you can "manage logins".

I have clients who have projects on more than one server. So, everytime I work on a server project, I make memoQ forget the login information and then enter the server and login details again.

Elif

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MemoQ 8.5 won't open without previous license (I work from servers)

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »