Thread poster: Alexandra Beisl
Alexandra Beisl
Alexandra Beisl  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 13:06
English to German
+ ...
May 13, 2014

The release notes for Studio 2014 SP1 states: "The Studio client installer no longer includes SDL Passolo Essential. Instead, Passolo Essential is available as a separate download on the My Account area: ". I have been searching high and low on my accounts page but cannot find this download. As I have Studio 2014 SP1 it should however be listed the... See more
The release notes for Studio 2014 SP1 states: "The Studio client installer no longer includes SDL Passolo Essential. Instead, Passolo Essential is available as a separate download on the My Account area: ". I have been searching high and low on my accounts page but cannot find this download. As I have Studio 2014 SP1 it should however be listed there. Any suggestions? And on http://www.translationzone.com/products/sdl-passolo/index-tab4.html#tabs it says: "SDL Passolo Essential is included as an application within the latest version of SDL Trados. This edition allows you to create and translate projects, as well as generate localized target files. However, there are feature limitations, such as no QA checking feature, no leveraging from previously translated content and you can only use one target language per project." Any pointers in the right direction would be appreciated.Collapse

Jorge Payan
Jorge Payan  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 07:06
Member (2002)
German to Spanish
+ ...
This is the link I found for Passolo Translator May 13, 2014

The latest version (2011 SP9) can be found here:

http://www.translationzone.com/resources/downloads/sdl-passolo-2011-translator-edition.html

I wish you luck with Passolo. It is a beast difficult to tame.

Saludos

Alexandra Beisl
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SDL Passolo Essential and Edition not 2 different pairs of shoes May 13, 2014

Dear Jorge

Thanks for your reply and wishes. I was under the impression that Passolo Essential and Passolo Edition are two different things, the former being a more comprehensive version for clients who already own Studio, the latter being a slimmed down less functional version for clie
... See more
Dear Jorge

Thanks for your reply and wishes. I was under the impression that Passolo Essential and Passolo Edition are two different things, the former being a more comprehensive version for clients who already own Studio, the latter being a slimmed down less functional version for clients without any licences. See: http://www.sdl.com/products/sdl-passolo/index-tab4.html

Correct me if I am wrong.

Cheers!

Alex
Collapse

Bernard Lieber
Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
My SDL May 13, 2014

Hi Alexandra,

If you go to my SDL -> My Downloads -> My Products and click on Studio 2014, you should have Passolo SP9 listed, latest build being 124.

Cheers,

Bernard

Alexandra Beisl
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Not listed under Studio 2014 SP1 May 13, 2014

Dear Bernard

That is exactly my point, it is not listed under Studio 2014 SP1 on my account page.

Thanks

Alexandra

Jorge Payan
Jorge Payan  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 07:06
Member (2002)
German to Spanish
+ ...
You are partly right. Passolo Essential and Passolo Translator are different but .... May 13, 2014

... Passolo Translator Edition is more powerful than the Passolo Essential Edition. In fact I did not bother to download Essential but proceeded with the Translator, and I am sure I am not the only one.

These links will illustra
... See more
... Passolo Translator Edition is more powerful than the Passolo Essential Edition. In fact I did not bother to download Essential but proceeded with the Translator, and I am sure I am not the only one.

These links will illustrate my point:

http://www.stpnordic.com/tfaq/SDL_Passolo.html

http://www.nztcinternational.com/content/sdl-passolo-editions

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SDL_Passolo#Editions

Saludos
Collapse

Trans_DE-FR
Trans_DE-FR
Germany
German to English
+ ...
Passolo Essential - did you find it? May 20, 2017

Hi Alexandra,

I just wanted to ask whether you ever received an answer that actually addressed your question?

I, too, am looking for Passolo Essential and cannot find it in my SDL account, although it should be there since I have had my account with SDL since Trados 2007 ...

Passolo Translator Edition is of no use to me as I do not want to edit tbulic files from a customer; I want to set up my own projects using Passolo Essential.

Thanks for a
... See more
Hi Alexandra,

I just wanted to ask whether you ever received an answer that actually addressed your question?

I, too, am looking for Passolo Essential and cannot find it in my SDL account, although it should be there since I have had my account with SDL since Trados 2007 ...

Passolo Translator Edition is of no use to me as I do not want to edit tbulic files from a customer; I want to set up my own projects using Passolo Essential.

Thanks for any feedback,

Maria
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Passolo and Studio 2014 SP1

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »